martes, 23 de junio de 2020

CLASS

MIRIAN'S CLASS

Today I will talk about my english class, today my teacher talks about Reported speech, and I search in google about this topic.
Indirect style or reported speech is the way you can tell, explain, write or say something with your own words, changing verbal time to the past. It differs from direct speech in this way, since direct speech implies that you say or write everything verbatim and exactly as it happened.
You have to take into account the times in this topic to make it easier to learn, I will give you an example of each time and you can see the difference.
Tesis, pa'qué? Carlos Slim considera innecesario este trámite de ...

EXAMPLE:

Present simple  Past Simple
  • I’m from Spain. ⇨ He said he was from Spain.
  • I live in London. ⇨ He said he lived in London
Present Continuous  Past Continuous
  • I’m resting on the sofa. ⇨ He said he was resting on the sofa.
  • You’re working too hard. ⇨ She told me I was working too hard.

Past Simple ⇨ Past Perfect

  • I drove to Paris yesterday.  He said he had driven to Paris the previous day
  • I woke up in hospital. ⇨ He said he had woken up in hospital

Present Perfect  Past Perfect

  • I’ve bought a new cushion.  She said she had bought a new cushion.
  • I’ve swum with sharks. ⇨ She said she had swum with sharks.

Past Perfect  Past Perfect

  • The jury had had many doubts about the case.  She said the jury had had many doubts about the case.

Can  Could

  • I can’t understand Scottish people.  She said she couldn’t understand Scottish people.
  • I can play the piano. ⇨ He said he could play the piano.

Will  Would

  • I’ll take the rubbish out this evening. ⇨ He said he would take the rubbish out that evening.
  • I’ll love you forever. ⇨ She said she’d love me forever.
These videos will help you to understand better. THANKS FOR READ MY POST.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario